What To Expect From Us - Brothel Licensees and Managers
The PLA, as a regulator of Queensland’s licensed sex industry, is concerned to maintain operations of licensed brothels in accordance with the highest standards and commensurate with community expectations and Government policy. The PLA’s compliance officers ensure licensed brothels comply with the Prostitution Act, Prostitution Regulation 2000, brothel licence conditions and Guidelines for the Operation of Licensed Brothels in Queensland. You can expect:
- a full compliance audit at least annually which will be conducted by prior arrangement, with other inspections conducted randomly through the year and without prior notification.
- to be provided with written documentation which outlines the standards we expect to find in place in licensed brothels; these standards will be monitored and reviewed regularly.
- to be given full opportunity to discuss any identified areas of non-compliance with the Compliance Officers during the audit or inspection on the day of the inspection and to be provided with a letter on the audit outcome within one month of the inspection.
- to be treated with respect and impartiality
- ongoing support and assistance to assist you to meet your obligations.
- any decision by the PLA to undertake disciplinary action under the Prostitution Act will be made in the absence of bias, and will be undertaken in accordance with the principle of natural justice.*
* Natural justice means that any administrative decision we make that may adversely impact on you will be made only after you have been made aware of our concern and you have had the opportunity to present your claims in relation to the concern.