What To Expect From Us - Complainants
If you make a complaint to the PLA, you will be treated with respect and can be confident that your complaint will be carefully considered.
If your complaint is not within our jurisdiction to investigate we will explain why.
If we decide that your complaint should be considered by another agency we will make every effort to advise you which agency you should refer it to.
If we investigate your complaint, we will:
- aim to complete proceedings within a reasonable time
- (if you have provided your contact details to us) keep you informed of our progress and report to you on the outcome of the investigation
- (if you request) keep your personal information confidential, unless disclosure is authorised by you or by the law.
If you are the subject of a complaint investigated by the PLA, wherever possible we will:
- (if you are to be interviewed) give you reasonable notice of the interview time and place
- give you the opportunity to respond to the allegations
- advise you of the progress and outcome of the investigation.