Access and amendment of personal information
Under Chapter 3 of the Information Privacy Act 2009, individuals have the right to apply for:
- access to a document of an agency which contains the personal information of the applicant
- the amendment of documents of an agency to the extent they contain the personal information of the applicant.
However, access to and amendment of documents containing an individual's personal information is at the discretion of the PLA. Due to the interrelationship of s. 13 of the Information Privacy Act, ss. 12 and 11 of the Right to Information Act 1999, and Schedule 1 of the Right to Information Act, a document created, or received, by the PLA for the Prostitution Act is exempt from Chapter 3 (disclosure and amendment) of the Information Privacy Act.
Applications to the PLA for access to a document must:
- Be in writing
- Give sufficient information about the document to enable the document to be identified
- State an address to which notices may be sent
- Provide evidence of the applicant's identity.
An individual may apply to amend a document containing their personal information if they believe that the personal information is:
- out of date