Information Privacy Plan
The PLA understands that individuals are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information provided. The PLA is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients.
The Information Privacy Act 2009 provides for the protection of personal information collected and held by Queensland Government agencies, and provides rules for what those agencies must and may do with personal information. It is designed to protect all forms of personal information from being lost, misused or inappropriately modified or disclosed.
The PLA necessarily collects personal information from clients to perform key functions in accordance with the Prostitution Act 1999, such as:
- deciding brothel licence applications
- deciding approved manager’s certificate applications
- monitoring the provision of prostitution through licensed brothels
- conducting disciplinary inquiries in relation to licensees and approved managers
- receiving complaints about prostitution.