Public registers maintained by the PLA
The PLA maintains only one public register.
In accordance with s. 111 of the Prostitution Act, the PLA maintains a licence and certificate register containing the following information:
- the name of each holder of a licence or certificate
- the granting, renewal, surrender, suspension or cancellation of a licence or of a certificate
- the address of the premises at which the holder of a licence may operate the brothel under the licence
- the addresses of the licensed brothels for which the holder of a certificate is authorised to be an approved manager
- all entries into licensed brothels by police officers.
The register may be inspected at the Office of the PLA, during office hours, and a copy of an entry in it obtained on payment of the fee specified in the Prostitution Regulation 2000.
The Executive Director of the PLA may correct an error or omission in the register by inserting, amending or omitting an entry. The Executive Director may make a correction on the application of any person.