Becoming a licensee
If you meet the suitability requirements and are interested in applying for a brothel licence, please contact us on (07) 3858 9500 to find out more.
Making a new application
- Apply for a new brothel licence (online form)
- Apply for an approved manager certificate (online form)
Brothel licensees and approved managers need to submit an annual return in Year 1 and 2 of their licence or certificate period.
Renewing a licence or certificate
Brothel licences and approved manager certificates are renewed every 3 years.
Changing approved manager details
- Apply for a new brothel licence
- Apply for an approved manager certificate
- Annual return form - licensee
- Annual return form - manager
- Licence renewal form
- Manager certificate renewal form
Fees in Queensland
Our fees and charges increase on 1 July each year.
The fees structure on this website is displayed in dollar values.
On 1 July 2022 our fees and charges were increased by 2.5% in line with Government’s indexation policy.
From 1 July 2022, the fees will be displayed in the Prostitution Regulation 2022 as a number of fee units, not dollars.
Fees are based on:
- the application fee
- how many licensees are involved in operating the brothel
- the number of brothel rooms used to provide prostitution services
Application processing cannot commence until both the application form and the relevant fee is received by the PLA.
New licences and renewals
|Number of rooms|
|Number of licensees||1||$23,581||$27,932||$32,283||$36,634||$40,985|
Licensee annual returns
|Number of rooms|
|Number of licensees||1||$20,561||$24,912||$29,263||$33,614||$37,965|
Approved manager certificate
|New certificates and renewals||Annual return||Variation (change to certificate details)||Replacement certificate|
Note: Credit card surcharges of 0.45% apply.
Payment plans may be available on annual returns.